It is rare in recent history for precious metals to appreciate in parallel with the broader stock market. Yet, this has been the case in the two years since the stock market began crawling out of the wreckage of the 2008 financial crisis. Although metals have vastly outperformed US equities over that time frame, it is noteworthy that stocks have gone up at all. Since January 2, 2009, the SP 500 stock index is up just about 50%. Over the same time, gold is up 68% and silver is up a staggering 267%. With rising interest rates, oil at over $100 a barrel, and the recovery running out of steam, many investors are wisely asking if the markets are set for a sharp pullback. Given the correlation that we have seen across asset classes, some are making the seemingly logical conclusion that metal prices are vulnerable.
Post-Americana Trading Post
Ron Paul 2012
- Silver Saver now has “Lifetime Loyalty Pricing”
- What’s Behind Illinois Stealing Local Hero’s Bee Hives? By Dr. Mercola
- Texas House extends gun laws and targets Washington | Trail Blazers Blog
- Online Library of Liberty
- Liberty Classroom by Tom Woods
- The Humble Libertarian: Liberty Studies Master Degree Now Available At University of Illinois!
- Ron Pauls Portfolio: An Inside Look | StreetAuthority
- Tom Cloud: How to Sell Gold Without Reporting It
- What Should You Read? by Thomas E. Woods, Jr.
- Find “Almost” Free Gold at Thrift Shops & Yard Sales – Beginner Guide – Yahoo! Voices – voices.yahoo.com
- The 30-Day Reading List That Will Lead You to Becoming a Knowledgeable Libertarian by Robert Wenzel
- We Are Watching The Greek Banking System Die Right In Front Of Our Eyes
- The Daily Bell – Oh, the Horror! Greek Gov Collapses
- A Constitutional Dollar — by Michael Rozeff
- Gold in Your IRA. Not! by Gary North
- Vaccine Bombshell: Baby Monkeys Given Standard Doses of Popular Vaccines Develop Autism Symptoms by Ethan A. Huff
- Threw it on the Ground — I’m Not Part of Your System!!!
- Ron Paul wins majority of delegates from Maine GOP – BostonHerald.com
- Delayed Umbilical Cord Clamping Part 2